Please keep all discussions about beta in this thread.
Beta Host 30420
Save your settingsfile before updating. The existing one will be cinverted and will no longer work if you want to go back to stable.
Creates a new Logfile in the Log folder with every start, so you have a history.
Writes a Crashreport when a heavy crash happen.
Changes the Colorpicker for Textcolor. Also this setting now uses Hex values internally. So if you want to change the textcolor via API, send a Hex value instead of RGB Value.
adds 2 new switchanimation with a dropdown menu
adds information about the Java Enviroment in the Host status like used RAM or CPU usage (Screenshot of my AWTRIX Pro with RPi3)
adds some terminal commands to the startpage:
- reset settings:
Overwrites your hostsettings with the defaultsettings
- reload apps:
Checks and reloads every changes in the App directory
- update apps:
Forces all apps to update themselves
Restarts AWTRIX, maybe this will not work on all platforms
- zip enviroment:
This will compress the whole awtrix installation directory wich you can download as a zip file. This could be very useful if you want to move your installation to another platform, for ccomplete Backup,or for me, if i need a look at special errors to your enviroment, so i can debug it 1:1.
- reset controller:
This will reset the controller. All Wifi settings will be deleted and you can setup it again.
- reboot controller:
Performes a reboot of the controller
adds E1.31 (like Artnet) protocol as a premiumfunction. With xLight for example you need to add a new Controller with 2 universes with 384 channels each. Also add a new matrix layout with 8 strings á 32 Strands and top left starting position. When you start to send data, AWTRIX will stop its normal operation and shows your data. 5s after you stop sending data, AWTRIX will return to normal operation.
- adds Hue Bridge Emulation for controlling AWTRIX via Amazon Alexa as a premiumfunction. This only emualtes a Phillips Hue lamp, so you can control the textolor, brightness and on/off. (The integrated emulation server uses Port 80, make sure it is not used by any other programm). Tested on Windows and Raspberry Pi3 with a Echo Dot Gen.3
- adds Multicolortext for Notifications. (Needs Controller v0.24). Instead of "text" use "multiColorText". Define an Array of textareas with a given RGB color values (Array of Integer) .e.g:
- fixes a bug in the timer where it flickers over other apps
- fixes a bug in Animation wih cause not showing the Animationapp
- fixes some bugs in the basics api
- fixes a bug while downloading new Apps
Beta Controller 0.25
- You can reset the controller by holding left and right touchbutton for 6s while powering on.
- Adds Multicolortext
How to Update:
- via installation script:
sudo wget -N https://blueforcer.de/awtrix/awtrix.sh ; sudo sh awtrix.sh beta
- via direct download
- via webinterface: Go to Status->Matrix and click on the Card "Update available" (After updating the host😉)
- via direct download
- via webinterface. Browse the IP of the controller and upload the firmware.bin
- via self-compiling