After a very long time of development there is now again the new beta with a lot of new features.
Its really important to test everything deeply because as a single developer its not possible for me to test everything after such huge changes. And of course, there will be some errors 🙂
Post your bugs only in this thread!
There is no documentation yet, please feel free to ask me if you have any Questions!
- whole new AWTRIX Controller: (Special thanks to Mazze2000)
- Reduces the amount of data from server to matrix by an average of 80%.
- Matrix can handle BME280 and Htu21d climate sensors
- Completely new and modern web interface
- Rewritten Appstore:
- shows all app updates first
- only shows apps wich are not installed
- improved app search
- Animated covericons in MyApps and Appstore
- Adds an GUI to customize the Apploop
- better control forms for every Setting like colorpicker and sliders.
- activate Premium functionality (BETA Premium Key: 5d3eb0b8a28e5)
- Matrix log now messures the latency
- adds AWTRIX arcade mode. Allows to play games with your Smartphone via browser (currently 3 Games available)
- adds Music Visualizer (Currently support for loading an musicfile (e.g mp3) and displays the frenqence bars on your Matrix
- Adds Icon database
- Adds whole new AWTRIXER wich allows to create static or animated Icons (8x8) or Animations for the "Animations" App. (32x8) directly in the Webinteface
- better interface for native apps
- Improved Cloud-Server
- 4 new Apps
- Flash the latest beta branch of the AWTRIX Controller
You dont need to make any settings in this firmware. Just download and flash.
- The Matrix will tell you what to do: If it shows "Hotspot" then connect to the AccessPoint "AWTRIX Controller" with password 'awtrixxx' and setup you WiFi and set the IP of the AWTRIX server, Your Matrixtype and connectionmethod.
All Settings and Apps will be deleted with this Beta update!
For Linux you can use the automatic installer:
sudo wget -N https://blueforcer.de/downloads/AWTRIX.sh ; sudo sh AWTRIX.sh beta
or download and start it manually: Click here to download
open the webinterface as usual (http://[IP-of-AWTRIX-Server]:7000)
on the left sidebar click Settings->Matrix and configure as you like.
How to Report a Bug
If a test fails, congratulations, you have just found a bug
Useful bug reports are ones that get bugs fixed. A useful bug report is...
- Reproducible - If an engineer can't see it or conclusively prove that it exists, the engineer will probably stamp it "WORKSFORME" or "INVALID", and move on to the next bug.
- Specific - The quicker the engineer can trace down the issue to a specific problem, the more likely it'll be fixed expediently.
So the goals of a bug report are to:
- Pinpoint the bug
- Explain it to the developer
Your job is to figure out exactly what the problem is.
Bug Reporting General Guidelines
How to Write a Good Bug Report
A good bug report should include the following information:
The goal of summary is to make the report searchable and uniquely identifiable.
A bad example: AWTRIX Crash
A good Example: AWTRIX Crashed after setting up App X
The overview or description of a bug report is to explain the bug to the developer, including:
- Abstracted summary of behavior (e.g. interpretation of test failures)
- Log output (verbose log)
- Justifications of why this is a bug
- The best is also to zip your entire AWTRIX folder, rename it with your username e.g Blueforcer.zip and upload it here:
Steps to Reproduce
The goal of reproducible steps is to teach developer to recreate the bug on his own system. It may be as simple as Load the App XY and setup like ... . A more complex case may involve multiple steps, such as:
Step 1: Load App XY
Step 2: in settings X place Value Y
Step 3: Click save
Step 4: Sort this app to position 1